Investing in back-end web development can improve your web application’s performance, security, and scalability, enhance the user experience for your customers, and gain valuable insights from your data. This can help improve your business’s bottom line and position you for growth and success.
On the other hand, the back end of your website is responsible for handling the server-side logic. A well-designed back end can provide valuable benefits for your business by allowing you to manage complex operations, increase security, increase scalability, and provide valuable insights from the data.
In summary, backend development is crucial for any business that relies on web applications to drive its operations. It is the backbone of web applications and makes it possible for them to run smoothly, perform well, be secure, grow as needed, and gain insights that can help a business grow and be successful. It also allows for integration with other systems and services, giving a company a competitive advantage.
Back End Development Services: What Is It And Why It Matters?
Backend development, also known as “server-side web development,” creates the server-side logic and architecture that powers web applications. Back-end web development services are provided by web development companies or teams of developers who specialize in building the server side of web applications.
Back-end development is creating and maintaining a website or application’s functionality behind the scenes. Everything is handled, from user account creation and management to payment processing and data changes. It makes all the required connections between a website’s design and data, allowing your website or application to work smoothly and efficiently.
Businesses require solid backend programming to operate efficiently. Even the most impressive front end might fail without a well-designed and implemented back end. Therefore, to develop a profitable company, you must ensure that your back end is adequate.
Who Needs Back End Development Services?
Backend development services are perfect for companies from all industries that must provide their clients with an exceptional experience. At WillDom, we’ve worked with companies from all sectors, including healthcare providers, fintech, real estate, banking, fitness applications, and much more.
Whether you’re an e-Commerce or delivery company with a website or mobile app, consider requesting back-end development services to please your clients.
By working with a backend programming agency like us, you don’t need to hire, train, or pay a backend developer salary. At WillDom, we’ll ensure you receive the backend web development services you need.
After having an initial conversation with you, our backend developers will interview app users to determine their needs. We will dig further to determine the project’s timeline, budget, and risks and establish specific goals and safeguards. Trust our team to provide you with professional services and exceptional results.
In a nutshell, Backend development services are responsible for creating the server-side logic and architecture of the application, handling and managing data, ensuring the application’s security, handling data and file upload, and ensuring the scalability and performance, and deployment of the application.
These are the most common types of back-end development:
- Backend Application Development: Server-side scalability is a common focus in back-end app development, which also includes solutions for things like enterprise systems, complex websites, and VoIP providers. By utilizing this method of back-end development, a backend developer can integrate your software with external programs.
- IoT Backends: Businesses and startups can effectively manage their IoT fleet, launch operations, and finish IoT systems thanks to the services provided by IoT backend development companies. These options are practical for streamlining processes, feeding IoT infrastructure, producing reports, and capturing signals.
- Mobile App Backend Development: This is a popular backend development method. Mobile app backend development helps organizations build server-side wearable, mobile, and smart device apps. This area includes social media, multimedia, and messaging backend development. These services offer faster performance, integration, scalability, and business logic.
- Cloud Infrastructure & Migration Solutions: Businesses can benefit from this innovation since it makes it easier to construct and manage elastic computing resources. Similarly, it enables programmers to move their backends to several clouds, including hybrid, public, and private ones.
It’s worth noting that the backend services and requirements can vary depending on the application and system needs. For instance, some backend services can be done by fully managed cloud services such as AWS Lambda, Firebase, etc., that can handle serverless functions, security, and deployment.
The backend developers you hire will decide on the best-suited technology, programming languages, architecture, and service needed to implement the application logic and requirements.
What Tech Stacks are Commonly Used for Backend Development?
Back-end technology ensures that a website’s or app’s core features work as intended. You will need a solid back-end stack if your website is more than just a collection of HTML pages.
The term “tech stack” describes a group of interrelated resources used to develop apps, websites, and other digital products. Not all web development technology stacks are the same, even though many are available. Especially for new and smaller businesses, picking the right technology stack can be daunting.
Some commonly used tech stacks for back-end include:
- Frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Flask, Django, Swift, or Objective-C)
- Databases (MongoDB and MySQL)
- Server providers (Apache, Nginx, etc.)
How WillDom Can Help
At WillDom, we have a vast amount of experience building websites. We work with a team of software development and back-end development experts who are among the best in the field.
We also manage different programming languages, handle frontend and backend development, and create dynamic websites.
We’re a full-service software and back-end development agency with a track record of success. Our backend developers create safe and effective solutions for each client that are made just for them.
Our back-end web development services include:
- Database management: Setting up and managing the databases that store the data for your web application. This can consist of creating tables, indexes, and relationships and optimizing the database’s performance.
- Server-side logic: Implementing the code that handles the business logic of the application, such as user authentication, file uploads, and processing form submissions. This typically involves using a web framework or library, such as Ruby on Rails or Express.js, to handle these tasks.
- API development: Creating APIs, or application programming interfaces, allows communication between different parts of the application or between the application and other systems. This can include creating RESTful web services or using other API development frameworks.
- Security: Implementing security measures to protect the web application and its users from hacking, data breaches, and other malicious activity. This can include implementing encryption, authentication and access controls, and penetration testing.
- Scalability and Performance: Identifying and resolving bottlenecks and inefficiencies to ensure that the web application can handle a high volume of traffic and requests and continue to perform well as it grows.
- Deployment: Providing hosting and deployment services to ensure that the web application is accessible to users and can be easily updated and maintained.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Backend Framework?
A backend framework is a software library or set of tools that allows backend developers to build the server side of a web application. Backend frameworks make it possible to manage the logic on the server side and the communication between the web app and the database.
Backend frameworks are usually in charge of routing on the server side, managing databases, and handling requests and responses between the client and the server. They also often provide libraries and tools that make it easier to handle common web application tasks such as user authentication, file uploads, and handling form submissions.
Backend developers usually build the server side of an application using the backend language and frameworks of their choice. The server side works with the front end to give users a rich and seamless experience.
What is an API?
An API, or application programming interface, is a set of rules and protocols that allows different software programs to communicate with each other. An API defines how software components should interact and enables communication between different systems.
APIs have become increasingly important in the past few years because they have enabled a new generation of web and mobile apps that combine data and features from multiple sources.
APIs are used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Allowing external developers to access the functionality of an application
- Allowing external systems to access data from an application
- Enabling communication between different parts of an application
- Allowing third-party services to be integrated into an application
Is API Development and Integration included?
At WillDom, we strive to provide the most complete services to ensure that our clients receive everything they need for success. In your particular case, if you need us to add API development and integration, we’ll handle it as part of our service pack.
Does this include mobile app development?
If you need mobile app development, we can include it as an additional service to provide you with the solutions you need.
What are backend components?
Backend components are the various parts of a web application that make up the application’s server-side, or “backend.” These components handle the server-side logic, database management, and communication between the client-side, or “front end,” of the application and the servers.
Many other components and technologies can be used to build a backend system. Different technologies and architectures can be used to make a backend system that is reliable, fast, and scalable, depending on the application’s needs and how it is used.